Join the EcoGo Challenge.
Travelling around campus in a way that is good for the environment and your neighbourhood deserves more than just a pat on the back. With the BetterPoints app your sustainable journeys can earn you rewards every time you walk, wheel, run, cycle, or use public transport.
It’s about encouraging people to get around sustainably and help create a cleaner, greener borough by travelling in ways that benefit the environment, health and your community, as well as helping the local economy too!
Earning BetterPoints is easy! Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or Google Play. It will log how you choose to get around and show how many points you’ve earned. You can turn your points into high street shopping vouchers or donate them to your favourite charity!
Everyone who signs up and takes the Get Started Survey and an activity between 18th September and 20th October will be entered into a draw to win a brand-new Batribike Dart 3 electric folding bike worth £1,299!
Follow these steps to get started:
1. Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or Google Play.
2. Tap Join now in the app and fill out the form, making sure to include your University of Sussex email address to be eligible.
3. Go onto the Challenges tab on the bottom of the app and join EcoGo.
4. Turn tracking on in the top right-hand corner of the homescreen
5. Leave it on to automatically record all your journeys and make sure you never miss out on BetterPoints or BetterTicket prize draw entries. You can turn it on and off at the start and end of each trip if you would prefer to record manually.
6. Start earning BetterPoints and BetterTickets!
How can we help you to stay motivated?
With BetterPoints you can see your points accumulate in the app. We will also share news of what is going on in your area to help you to stay active. We've got regular prize draws, plus we'll have campaigns, competitions and giveaways throughout the programme.
How much information do I need to share to sign up?
When you first register to use the BetterPoints app, it will ask you to provide personal details to get you started. This includes your name, email address, year of birth, location, and postcode. We also ask you to create a secure password for accessing the BetterPoints app and protecting your account.